Saturday, November 10, 2007

Operation Cleansweep

For my mother-in-law's birthday present, we (Roy, me, Mandy, Paul, and Jake) decided to give her the gift of cleanliness. At Patty's request, we cleaned out her garage and driveway. She rented a dumpster just for this purpose. A couple of before shots:




Needless to say, less than an hour after starting this gigantic project, the dumpster was already almost full and Paul had to go dumpster-diving in order to make more space for more junk. 4 hours later, the garage was organized, everything was put away, and we had a full dumpster, a truck bed full of stuff to take to the dump, and a ton of consolation prizes.



Here are the after shots:




The garage door actually closes! And there's a driveway! We totally rock, and I totally need a shower.

8 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I love this present. Can you come over to my place, too?

kim said...

That was a lof of stuff. :/

Claire said...

Best present ever. Now the hard part will be the maintenance of a tidy driveway...

Want to come to Oxnard and help me with my mom's garage? :P

Nanette said...

Phew. I'm tired just looking at it!

Angie Eats Peace said...

wow. that came out awesome. you do rock!

amber said...

hellz yeah you rock! i just did that at my mom's house last weekend and it's a ton of work, but so worth it in the end :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great present. Good job!

~Hose Beast

Brandy said...

aww frosty looks so pleased w/your work :)