Friday, November 30, 2007

The End of NaBloPoMo 2007: A Retrospective

Well, I am happy to say that I posted every single day for this entire month, and sometimes I posted more than once per day. I never cheated by pre- or post-dating entries or by just posting pictures or videos. If I posted just a video one day, I posted an actual entry during the same day. So, I'm very proud of myself. Maybe I'll even win a prize, if I actually remember to check the website.

This month, I tackled many topics: the possibility of a new job, the memories of an old job, and the loss of someone special. I wrote about the past, the present, and the future (and learned so much about how they can all overlap). I philosophized about music, boxes, and change. I touched on the subject of fun at the office and with friends.

I really enjoyed the challenge of NaBloPoMo, and so I've developed a new challenge for myself. I've decided to focus on 1 theme per month, and I will post something in line with each month's theme about 3 times weekly. (I will continue to write regular posts as well.) I'm doing this for fun and also because it's a nice exercise in discipline. I think December will be Memory Month. If you have ideas for themes I could write about, drop me a comment - I'd love to hear your ideas.

Happy blogging, and thanks for reading!

7 comments:

a real librarian said...

Congrats on finishing NaBloPoMo! I always enjoy reading your blog!

Claire said...

Even more than your discipline, I admire the quality of the posts. Not a crap-tastic one in the bunch. Looking forward to December's theme!

Brandy said...

You better blog daily! I look forward to reading your thoughts :) My suggestion would be your favorite Christmas memory. You can thank Robyn for that idea!

weezermonkey said...

Congrats!

I think I blogged every day, too, but I didn't do NaBloPoMo. :)

kim said...

<3 your blog <3

Nanette said...

I loved each and every one of your posts. I'm glad you participated in the NaBloPoMo fun!

amber said...

oh, i like the theme idea. :)