Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Brunette, a Blonde, and a Redhead

All 3 (somewhat normal) hair colors were represented today as Melinda and I drove down to Carlsbad for the day to see our friend Kim. All 3 of us met on the Knot while planning our weddings, and I'm happy to say that we've kept in touch. I hadn't seen Kim since a week before her wedding in April, so it was really cool to see her again.

We went to a Mexican food place and had lunch. I had a really awesome mango margarita that didn't even give me a buzz (which is totally rare) and some cheese enchiladas that gave me gas (of course). We stopped for a photo right after leaving the restaurant. (I'm the one with the horrendous hair - I'm not sure what happened with that.)



Afterwards we headed back to Kim's place and talked for probably about 4 or 5 hours. We intended for the day to be much shorter, but we just kept talking. Before we knew it, it was dark outside and we had discussed weddings, sex, God, religion, parents, husbands, and gossip. I had also eaten quite a few pieces of candy, which Kim found hilarious for some reason.



I happen to love and cherish good conversations, especially ones that don't run out of gas. I also love Kim's excessive cursing, because it just makes me laugh. So thanks to both Melinda and Kim for keeping the yakfest going, even if it means I won't get all my homework done tonight.

5 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

sounds like fun. such a lovely picture of you ladies.

kim said...

Could I look any fatter in that picture?! So gross. I am officially on a diet. Yuck.

That was fun. I think I will give up cussing for Lent. ;)

weezermonkey said...

A mangorita AND Kim?! I hate you.

amber said...

i love days like this. :)

Anonymous said...

Who's the little girl? Oh yeah, me. :(

I had a blast! Thanks ladies!

~The Worm