Monday, November 12, 2007

Kicking Ass in My High-Waisted Pants

I just returned back to my entirely beige office after spending most of the day being interviewed for the oh so coveted job. Everything went extremely well (from my point of view, at least). I did about 5 separate interviews and took a test. I'm pretty sure that I kicked ass on the test and blew away all the interviewers with my extensive knowledge of comma splices and gerunds, not to mention my charm and wit. But the job is not yet mine.

None of this would have been possible without my new high-waisted pants. I bought a grey pair yesterday, and all I can really think about is how comfy they are. (They would look hideous if I had my shirt tucked in though. I'm just not a big fan of that look.) These pants also do a fabulous job at hiding my muffin top. I am a more svelte and streamlined version of myself, which means that they have no choice but to hire me.

I owe all my future successes to these pants.

9 comments:

Lesli said...

Cool pants!

Claire said...

Good luck, Miss Sassy Pants! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for pants. Oh hai. Drama. When do you hear? Tomorrow? Will you roll into your new office in your rolly chair? Can I haz turn?

Angie Eats Peace said...

Holla for high waisted success pants!

**crossing my fingers for good news***

Nanette said...

You are a brave, brave woman with those high-wasted pants. I wouldn't have thought they'd be good for hiding muffin tops. Good to know.

And sending you lots of happy thoughts post-interview!

weezermonkey said...

I applaud the return of the high waist!

kim said...

Even though I am taller than a mofo, I don't think I could pull off the high-waisted pants. Even when I wear mid-rise, Keith tells me that I look like an a-hole. Ugh.

I knew you'd kick ass today. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for sexy high waisted pants and the magic they posses! Even bigger yay for kicking ass at the interview, remember, you had it in you the whole time. Good luck!

~The worm

amber said...

glad the interview went so well! woohoo for new pants!