Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm Over It.

These are the things that currently annoy the crap out of me. Hoofrickinray.

1) Trash the Dress! Up until about a month after our wedding, I wanted to take some cool trash-the-dress pictures. And then I realized that as much as I love my wedding dress, I really had no desire to put it on again. I really couldn't care less about the trash-the-dress trend anymore. It's become the new thing to do and will soon take over the wedding world, kind of like engagement pictures on the beach, which are also so last season. I think I would like it more if I saw more innovative photographers and more brides willing to actually trash their dress. Instead, I see brides standing in the middle of a field or waist deep in the ocean, usually in a dress they bought just for the shoot. Boring and pointless.

2) Skinny jeans. Maybe it's not skinny jeans that are so awful, but since I usually see them paired with flats and/or some shirt that resembles a hot air balloon, I tend to think that they are horrific.

3) SUVs. It's not very responsible to be an SUV owner, in my opinion, unless you have a lifestyle that demands one.

4) Academic-ese. I start gnawing on my arm when I hear the words "Aristotlean," "Wordsworthian," and "deconstruction." I'm convinced that a text doesn't have to be unreadable to make an impact.

5) Wedding photography. I subscribe to tons of wedding photography blogs, and there are a select few that actually stand out. Yes, wedding photography is much more artsy and interesting these days, but taking a picture of a bride's dress doesn't necessarily equal innovative or good photojournalistic photography.

6) The Twilight series. I don't understand the big fuss about these books. The protagonist is yet another weak female (as if we needed another of those!), the "love" between the 2 leading characters is based entirely on the physical, and the writing is annoyingly repetitive.

7) The trainwreck that is Britney Spears.

8) Emails about God, angels, or friendship. Here is one of the most stupid ones I have received (picture included): Forward this message the same day you received it
It may sound ridiculous, but it is right on time
We believe that something is about to happen. Angels exist, only sometimes they haven't got wings and we call them friends; you are one of them
Something wonderful is about to happen to you and your friends.
Tomorrow at 6:33 pm somebody will address you and tell you something you have been waiting to hear.Send it to at least 7 of your friends.

I left the (God-awful, no pun intended) punctuation the same, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I sat around and waited until 6:33 to see if my secret dream was going to come true. Still waiting.

9) Slip-on sneakers. I wore these in the 80s. Some things really shouldn't make a comeback. And speaking of shoes, there are some that just shouldn't exist - like Crocs.

10) Logos. Why, oh why, would I spend a good amount of money on something like a Coach bag that looks like their logo threw up on it? I'm going to pay $300 to advertise for a multi-million dollar company? I don't think so!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't hate on my super cool crocs. You are just jealous because not everyone can carry off molded plastic footwear like I can. But I am rokken like dokken so it makes sense to be envious. Wookin!

weezermonkey said...

Boo! I love my Vans!

Angie Eats Peace said...

SUVs bug the shit out of me, too.
I really do not see how they are at all necessary.

Anonymous said...

My MIL think that because I'm a Christian, that means I should get EVER chain email that questions my faith if I don't pass it on. I must have missed the passage in the Bible that says my salvation depends entirely on whether or not I'm willing to bug the crap out of my friends with emails.

I don't see the point in paying $300 to be a billbord either. I'd much rather buy the hceap knockoffs. :)

~The worm

Nanette said...

You are a crack-up. I'm with ya on a lot of those things, although my favorite pair of shoes are a pair of Coach ballet flats. ;)

kim said...

Tahoe-driving girl checking in to admit that I read the last point as "Legos" and thought for a brief second that we could not be friends anymore.

amber said...

totally over skinny jeans and the logo fabric.

Anonymous said...

I wear slip on Vans like a mofo.