Thursday, October 11, 2007

Found: Ticket to the Tower of London!

The other day I received my latest book courtesy of PaperBackSwap, and delicately placed between 2 pages was a ticket to the Tower of London (and the other piece of paper seems to be a receipt). What an awesome find for someone like myself who is travel-challenged. (I have been in school [and therefore poor] for so long that I have not done as much traveling as I want to.)

As stated before, I really love finding things that once belonged to someone else and were, for some reason, misplaced or forgotten. In the case of this ticket, I wonder what the owner thought upon seeing the Tower of London. What was the weather like? Was the book I got in the mail the book he/she was reading at the time he/she travelled to England? This lost/found ticket holds the key to at least one piece of information about its owner, and now that I have it, I feel a little more connected with this unknown person, strange as that may sound. I almost feel like it's a little sacreligious for me to have this ticket, almost like I should mail it back to the person.

But, nah. I think I'll keep it and use it as a bookmark. It's way too pretty to just toss. And I have a hard time getting rid of this piece of someone else's history, no matter how small and insignificant it may ultimately be.

On a whole other note, the weather is absolutely perfect today. Just the right amount of coolness in the air. Perhaps that's why I'm overly philosophical.

3 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

That is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! I'm jealouse.

~Psycho Hose Beast

kim said...

I use my overnight train ticket from Venice to Munich as a bookmark. :)