Wednesday, October 10, 2007

To Our Good Health

Roy and I both found out today that we both have high cholesterol. Our doctor told us we needed to start on a low fat diet, which, to be honest, sounds incredibly boring. I mean, what is life without loads of cheese and ice cream?

So it looks like some changes are in order. I have already been implementing some since we saw both our family doctor and dermatologist last week. The dermatologist told me to wear sunscreen everyday, which I've been doing faithfully. Our family doctor told me to cut way down on caffeine and processed sugar to help with my frequent headaches and insomnia. She also told me to eat many small meals throughout the day, which I've been good about as well. Oh, and to start an exercise regimen. Again, how boring. I miss being able to eat crap all day and still fit into size 0 jeans. I miss being able to eat fast food without being in the bathroom for a long time afterwards. It sucks getting old.

But today is the third day in a row without any caffeine whatsoever. Not bad for a Dr. Pepper addict. I've been doing well with my sugar intake as well. Again, not bad for a girl who could live off candy. Now I just need to cut down on the fatty foods and eat more stuff that's good for me. Oh, and that exercise thing.

4 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

Wow. No caffeine for 3 days? I would be having withdrawls like crazy!

Good luck with the changes, it's hard work, but worth it!

weezermonkey said...

Oh, man. Good luck with that.

Any chance you could simply continue eating like crap and just take Lipitor? ;)

Robyn said...

Overall how did you like the dermatologist? I have to yet to make an appointment.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya.

The hose beast again.