Monday, October 15, 2007

It's Blog Action Day!

Today is Blog Action Day, where bloggers devote a blog entry to environmental issues. In honor of the occasion, I'd like to talk about recycling, which is one of the easiest ways to help with our declining environment.

I am a huge fan of recycling; I'm actually pretty obsessive about it (there's a shock). In addition to the extra recycling trash can that we have in our kitchen at home, I also have a recycling bag in my office at work. At the end of the week, I take home my recyclables and deposit them in our recycling bins. I hear from people all the time many excuses as to why they can't or won't recycle. One of the most ridiculous ones is that their apartment complex doesn't provide recycling bins (which they should, by the way). I understand that it's not exactly convenient to take your recyclables to a recycling center, but I think it's worth the small amount of extra gas and time that it takes to do so. I know from first hand experience: I too used to live in an apartment complex that didn't provide recycling bins. Guess what? I still recycled!

Recycling can help with the looming global warming issue. Yes, it is an issue. I'd like to urge the few readers that I have to watch An Inconvenient Truth if you haven't already. It's an awesome film. I even wrote a (probably boring) paper on it last year.

Happy Blog Action Day, everyone!

No comments: