Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cakes on a Plane

Today Roy, Jake (brother-in-law), and I went to a surprise 70th birthday party for Ace, Roy and Jake's Aikido instructor. The party was held on a C-141 plane at March Air Force Base. I'd never been to March before, so I was excited to see all the planes. This is the plane the party was on:



Here's the inside of the plane:



We basically sat around for a couple of hours and talked amongst ourselves. Food (pizza and fried chicken, both excellent choices for a low fat diet) and cake (also good for a low fat diet) were served. The food left much to be desired, but the cake was awesome. There were actually 2 cakes: chocolate and carrot. I had a piece of chocolate. I know what you're thinking - what about my low fat diet, right? Well, it would have been rude to refuse a piece of cake, right? I got no enjoyment out of it whatsoever.

I spent a good deal of time toward the end of the party watching an old lady who looked pregnant gulp down water and talk to herself. At one point she came up to us and seemed very happy to make our acquaintance, although we didn't exchange names. I felt really bad for her, because it was pretty obvious she wasn't exactly in her right mind.

Before we left we took a picture with Ace:



And I made an attempt to get some artsy photos out of our limited point-and-shoot camera:





I'm looking forward to the day when I have the use of a good SLR camera, a decent lens, and Photoshop. Until then, I'm going to practice with the trusty camera that we have now.

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Cool!

Angie Eats Peace said...

I am so feeling the title to this blog, as well the pregnant looking old lady, I love talking to those diverse types of people.

Anonymous said...

OMG! How did you not tell me you were spending the day on the C-141? That's the plane my dad flew for like the first 25 years of my life! I grew up on that plane!! That's so awesome that you guys had a party out there. It makes me sad the bad shape the one at the museum is in, but it's still nice to see it. Like having your family car put into a museum.

~Hose Beast