Wednesday, October 24, 2007

100th Blog Post!

This marks my 100th post since starting this blog approximately 6 months ago. When I started this blog, I wasn't really a blog stalker. I looked at mostly wedding photography blogs and really was clueless about the amount of blogs out there. One night in April, I ran across my professor's blog and really enjoyed the way she added photos and videos to her writing. At the time I was erratically writing in my MySpace blog, which doesn't have nearly the amount of cool features that Blogger has. And so my blog was born.

Since then I've come to realize how major of a phenomenon blogging is. It seems like everyone, their mom, and their cat has a blog. I'm sure for some people that it's just something they do because everyone else seems to do it, but who cares? People are writing and enjoying it! Not only that, people are reading! I think blogs are a magnificent invention for this reason...and of course, for many others.

I have kept a journal my whole life, but during my wedding planning I really began to lose the drive to write in it. I was working full time, attending classes, and planning a wedding. Writing things down in a journal is extremely time consuming, whereas I'm a very fast typist. So keeping a blog was a natural progression for me. Because it doesn't take an extremely long time to write out a blog entry, I can write more often. Also, because I know I have an audience (however small it may be), it encourages me to write more. So, as long as I don't get entirely too personal on here, blogging is totally a win-win situation.

Enough about me. There are so many amazing blogs out there. Currently I subscribe to 89 of them through Google Reader, so I get my updates all in one place. Here are a few of my favorites:

BoingBoing
BSC Headquarters
dooce
FunnyCute
Illustration Friday Night
Bryce D. Brown
Lag Liv
Notes from Different Spots
Offbeat Bride
Passive Aggressive Notes
PostSecret
Powell's Books
Vazaar
Weekly Shot

That list doesn't include any people who I actually consider real life or online friends, by the way. But it's a good taste of the bloggishness that's out there!

Happy blogging, folks!

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I've never kept a diary or journal until I started blogging.

Now I write almost every day.

a real librarian said...

Congrats on your 100th post!!!

Brandy said...

Oooo we'll have to bake (ok, who am i kidding? buy a pre-made st. bros) cake to celebrate! Squeee!! aww i'm not on your friends list
:( i take away my puffy heart love.

nfds said...

Hey,

I am happy that you liked Notes From Different Spots!

Congratulations on your 100th post and keep blogging!

All the best,
Luke.

Lesli said...

Just stopping by via Karyn Bosnak (Pretty in the City). I liked your blog entry about blogging and how everyone and their cat has a blog and how cool that is because people are writing & reading. You said it best!