Friday, October 26, 2007

One Hell of a Week

I am so happy that this week is over. With all the fires, my own issues (videographer, name-changing, work, etc.), and the death of Bryce, I found myself a complete mess at work this morning. Everytime someone asked me what was wrong, I started crying. This was after our power went out this morning and I didn't get to take a shower. And this was after my normal 20 minute commute took over an hour due to downed power lines on the freeway.

After being unable to control my tears for about 45 minutes, I decided to leave for the day and came home. I watched some TV on DVD, ate a grilled cheese and fries, and drank a Dr. Pepper. Our cats laid in bed with me and kept me company. I needed that, all of it.

I am aware of how fortunate I am. I am so lucky to have my health, my husband, family and friends, a home, a job, an education, and so on the list goes. Sometimes, though, the world overwhelms me.

One good thing: we got our footage in the mail today. See, there is balance in the universe.

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Sorry to hear about the rough day, but I'm so happy to hear that you got the footage!

Angie Eats Peace said...

So glad you got the footage!
Sorry about your d, G. Glad you went home, sometimes, you just need that.