Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Found Object


This morning, I went to fill up my ugly mug with some hot water to make some hot tea, and I came back to my desk and found this little guy. Excuse the blurry picture, but apparently I'm not that great of a cell phone camera photographer. He's cute, eh? Apparently one of my co-workers found him in a box and left him on my desk for me. He reminds me of some Christmas ornaments I had and treasured as a child.

I really love the found object phenomenon. I have often enjoyed speculating on the travels of the object, wondering who had it before I found it and how it ended up in my hands. I found quite a few things while waiting tables. One thing that I remember the best was a tiger-eye stone. I'm not sure where it is now.

Anyway, Jessica (the co-worker who gave him to me) and I named him Max. Max is a very nice Tuesday morning present, as I'm feeling a bit under the weather today. Once again, I really like how people can affect my life in a positive way without realizing it. It's not the grand gestures that matter, but the small ones.

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

I am quite enamored with your found object. He is cute.