A month ago, I posted my list of 101 things I want to accomplish in 1001 days. During this past month, I accomplished 6 of them:
48) Finish thank you notes for wedding presents. These were finished and mailed out on November 14. A huge relief!
52) Report our videographer to the BBB. I did this on November 13 and have yet to hear anything back. I basically did this so our videographer will have a bad rating on his record. The back story to that whole issue can be found here.
74) Break my Us Weekly addiction. I threw out my renewal notice for Us Weekly on November 4. As entertaining as this magazine is, deep down I feel like it's a waste of money. Besides, I have plenty more reading material that I need to work through.
76) Shut down my Vonage account. I took care of this on November 5.
Vonage is a pretty awesome company, and I had my account with them starting in 2005. However, we always use our cell phones, so it didn't make much sense for us to continue paying for a phone line we don't use.
97) Make wedding albums as gifts for family members. These were done through My Publisher. I completed them on November 23 and received them in the mail on November 30. They look really good, but My Publisher makes my computer operate very slowly.
98) Close credit card accounts once paid off. I think I originally planned to close each credit card account as I paid it off. Instead, I decided to close down 2 accounts that had small credit lines and that we hadn't used in quite some time. I'll leave the other ones open so it won't look bad on our credit reports.
I also had a failed attempt to do one of the things on my list:
81) Give food (not money) to a homeless person. Last week I was getting off the freeway to go to work, and I saw an elderly man with a sign asking for help just off the freeway. So I went to the nearest fast food place, which was Carl's Jr, and ordered a breakfast burger combo. When I went back to the place I saw him, he wasn't there anymore. I was already late for work, so I just kept the hashbrowns for myself and gave the OJ to Myra and the breakfast burger to Beans. I'll try this again sometime soon.
As long as I keep accomplishing things on my list, I'll do a monthly update. Only 95 things to go!