Thursday, December 20, 2007

I miss her.

I was texting with my friend Candice today and realized that it's been 2 freaking months since I've seen her. So many things have happened, and it's weird that she doesn't know about them. We aren't the best at keeping in touch, apparently.

For the 5 years I worked at Chili's, we ate lunch together at every opportunity, hung out outside of work, and became very close friends. We talked about sex a lot (among other things, of course) and had a blast doing it. Since I left Chili's, I haven't seen her as much as I would like. Even though we live in the same general area, it's hard to make time to socialize when we both work, go to school, and have families.

Since I've gotten married, I have realized, like never before, how important it is to maintain my relationships. Life is truly too short to not spend time with the people who matter to me. So hopefully Candice and I will be seeing each other shortly after Christmas and can keep up a regular pattern of hanging out, because frankly, I miss her so much.

5 comments:

Angie Eats Peace said...

I hope you get to see her soon.

I feel the same way, about my BF. Life will always get in the way, but I should not allow it to.

kim said...

Word.

Nanette said...

I hear ya. I spent an hour on the phone with my bestie, who lives in Iowa now, and I miss her dearly.

Valley Girl said...

You are so right. People think when they get married that they don't need their friends anymore, but they are so wrong. As a quote I love says, "Friends are the flowers in life's garden."

inflammatory writ said...

I've actually found that since I got married, I need my friends more than ever. It's so easy to get caught up in each other and be each other's sole support...you cannot be everything to one person and vice versa. I find that my friends make me a better wife, a better person to come home to at the end of the day. I am very grateful for them.