Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crazy Cat Day

Back when I met Ernie the cat, I realized that I really wanted another fuzzy creature around the house. A couple of weeks ago, we were in Petsmart and ran into a lady who was fostering this little orange kitty. He was really sweet and terribly cute. Turns out he had giardia but was being treated for it. We got the foster mother's number with the intent of taking him off her hands when he got better.

As it turns out, he still wasn't better when I talked to her last week, and she had decided to take him back to Petsmart to continue to be treated, as his treatment was costing her too much money. We were unwilling to take in a sick kitten, since we already have two cats who are healthy.

Melinda recently got a kitten of her own, and so today she took us to her friend's house so that we could pick one out as well. We met Bart, Melinda's new terror, for the first time:



And we met this tiny and sweet little girl:





We brought her home, and she has been incredibly mellow but very standoffish. I don't think she's really used to being around people, but we're hoping to bring her out of her shell. Woogas and Kerwin have been skulking around being pissy since she showed up, but I'm sure they will end up being best of friends.

We still don't have a name for her. We have lots of cute ones picked out (one in particular that I love), but I'm not sure which ones, if any, fit her yet. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments!

17 comments:

inflammatory writ said...

*explodes*

That kitten is SO CUTE I COULD DIE.

Don't worry, she'll come around. :) She's very young and isn't properly socialized yet. I worked in a cat shelter as a volunteer for about a year and I socialized many a kitten in my day. She just doesn't know how to be around people yet.

The name will come to you!

Angie Eats Peace said...

She looks like a "Sunshine" to me.

Amy said...

Ahh! She's so cute. Growing up we had a cat that looked similar. Her name was Tigger. She was a bit standoffish too. She never came out of that one unfortunately. Thanks though. Now I want one. :)

weezermonkey said...

Even Monkey the Cat Hater thinks this little one is adorable. ;)

Erika said...

AWWWWWWW so freaking cute!!!

she kinda has the same coloring as Simba.

Unknown said...

love orange kitties! no names for you, I am so not creative.

let us know when you do pick though.;)

kim said...

Congrats on the new addition!

sherthebear said...

I love orange kitties!! She is so cute and reminds me of my orange kitty that ran away. Oh soooo cute. I love her!!

Claire said...

I AM SO JEALOUS. SO. FREAKING. JEALOUS.

Congrats on the new addition! I have no name suggestions as of yet... But I'll get back to you if I'm inspired!

Anonymous said...

You should name her Mandy. No reason. Just a stranger thinking it's a good name.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! She is so cute! We'll have to get the two together for family pics. :) I am total;y stealing that adorable pic of Bart BTW.

~Melinda

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, what a cutie! i love orange kitties. i don't have a name suggestions, i think the right name will come to you.

amber said...

eeek! she is so cute!

congrats on the new addition to the family :)

Brenda said...

Wow, she is a cute one! Congrats on the new addition to the family. Call her Pumpkin in light of when you got her and because well she's Orange! HAHAHA. :D

Kelli said...

She's so cute & I LOVE little orange females (since they're not all that common). No name ideas but I'm sure with time she'll come out of her shell.

Lesli said...

Oh, she is cute. She looks like my little Simba when he was, well, little! Cute!

Becki said...

No name suggestions here, but she is SOO cute! Dang it Les you're making me want another one :)