I'm in real need of counting my blessings. Without going into a ton of detail, things have been quite hard for quite awhile now. I had a really nice weekend, though, and here are the things that are making me happy right now.
1) a baby shower for a very special Spaniard - My friend and co-worker is pregnant with her first child (due in September). We had a shower for her on Friday during lunch, and it was a really good time for all of us. My favorite part was when she teared up when she saw that we had all pitched in and gotten her the stroller she wanted.
2) my hot pink toenails
3) revisiting the coffee shop where Roy and I used to meet when we first began dating
4) finding new places to eat that are pretty
4) visiting a new, unexplored museum
5) noticing things that normally go unnoticed
7) a new pretty thing to hang on our wall
8) seeing The Pierces live at Hotel Cafe - This video is not from the performance we saw, but they did open with this song. They are really wonderful performers with a strong stage presence and extremely powerful voices.
9) taking engagement pictures for Jenn and Dave - Watch for the "official" teaser coming tomorrow!