Monday, September 29, 2008

Melinda + Chris = For Better, For Worse

I met up several weekends ago with Melinda and her husband Chris to take some anniversary pictures for them, and for several reasons, the shoot just didn't happen like I wanted it to. So we decided to meet up again this past Saturday so I could get some more pictures.

I met Melinda over two years ago on the Knot when we were both at the beginning of our wedding planning journeys. What began as a rapid exchange of emails evolved into a real friendship. She even came to my wedding, and I went to hers. I remember being frustrated at her wedding because I only had my point and shoot back then and couldn't get the pictures to look the way I wanted them to. But you can see a few of them here.

Melinda and Chris celebrated their first wedding anniversary in August. I know it's been a tough but good year for them. Here's to many more, guys!

A few from the first session:





And from the second session:






I love me some "blurry on purpose" shots.






Happy belated anniverary, Melinda and Chris!

9 comments:

Erika said...

TERRIFIC SHOTS!!!

I LOVE DT too...It has some cool places to shoot.

weezermonkey said...

Very nice work.

Claire said...

Ooh, nice. I especially love the ones in front of that wooden house/wall. Worn, old wood gets me every time... :)

Becki said...

Lovely as usual, not a bad looking couple either :)

phairhead said...

the blurry "candid" looks fantastic

Angie Eats Peace said...

I love the red.

The last one, in the set of the 1st shoot, is my favorite.

Kimberly said...

you always have such amazing photos!

Brandy said...

<3 the second one. It's so intimate & raw.

amber said...

very cool.