Tomorrow marks a pivotal day in my graduate career for two reasons:
1) I am teaching college seniors for a full class period.
2) I am turning in my thesis proposal to be reviewed by the graduate committee next week.
I am stoked, tired, anxious, elated, and relieved all at once, and I know I will be even more so come tomorrow evening. Despite the fact that I've been working towards completing these two tasks for almost three years now, I didn't think I would ever get here. And now, well, I'm here (almost).
There are still quite a few things to do before the end of this quarter:
1) read two novels for my fairy tales class
2) write my research paper on a fairy tale-related topic
3) finish commenting on student work for my internship
4) lead the class presentations on the last day of class
5) write my paper about my internship experience
6) catch up on my posts on the internship message board
But all those things are small potatoes compared to what's coming tomorrow. I can and will handle them all. I might even do it successfully.