Thursday, January 24, 2008

Girl's Night In

Ahhhh, alone time. I have been really craving it lately and have been taking advantage of it whenever I can. Tonight I was supposed to go to a creative writing club meeting on campus. But as the day wore on and I grew progressively more tired and it became more rainy outside, I knew that I just had to go home and flop down on the couch.

And so I did. Roy went to his Aikido class, so I changed into comfy clothes, curled up on the couch under a huge blanket, ate chips and salsa, and watched The Devil Wears Prada.

Thursday is the new Friday, as I am almost always exhausted by Thursday evening. It's been a simple night, but much needed.

5 comments:

dapotato said...

that sounds fabulous.

amber said...

i love nights like that. good for you for taking some "you" time.

Anonymous said...

Back in college Thursday was always Friday. I don't see why that tradition can't continue on. Sounds like a great night all around.

kim said...

I love time alone inside the house without the hubs, especially when it's raining and gloomy outside. Glad you had time to relax.

Angie Eats Peace said...

Where does Roy do Aikido at? I did it for 2 quarters at UCR, so much fun, I would love to do martial arts again.