Friday, January 18, 2008

Desert Skies

I made 2 playlists for the trip to Vegas and really love both of them. This one, Desert Skies, is somewhat darker than the other one (which I will hopefully blog about later), but I was trying to convey many different aspects through my song choices: alienation, isolation, beauty, emptiness, and change.

One thing that I learned about our trip is that Vegas is much more complicated than I first assumed, and hopefully this music reflects that.

Obviously, I take my music much too seriously.

1) "Desert Song" - Dead Can Dance
2) "I Would Follow You Into the Dark" - Death Cab for Cutie
3) "Warehouse" - Dave Matthews Band
4) "On the Road" - Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson & Sigur Ros
5) "Track 6" - Sigur Ros
6) "African Journey" - Anugama & Sebastiano
7) "The Sinister Minister" - Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
8) "The Stars of Track and Field" - Belle & Sebastian
9) "Things Are What You Make of Them" - Bishop Allen
10) "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" - Charles Mingus
11) "Sugar is Sweeter" - CJ Bolland
12) "Absurd" - Fluke
13) "Message in a Bottle" - The Police
14) "Sandstorm" - Peter Gabriel
15) "Learning to Fly" - Pink Floyd
16) "Glory Box" - Portishead
17) "Drive" - R.E.M.
18) "House of Cards" - Radiohead
19) "I Turn My Camera On" - Rock Kills Kid
20) "Fly" - Sara Groves
21) "Black Trombone" - Serge Gainsbourg
22) "There Is a Light that Never Goes Out" - The Smiths
23) "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol
24) "Two People" - Spiderworks
25) "Sleep Tonight" - Stars
26) "Sorrow in Desert" - Tan Dun

Sorry, no YouTube links. That took entirely too long last time. Guess I don't take my music too seriously after all!

To make up for it, here's a video to "Fluke" by Atom Bomb. Awesome song!

1 comment:

Claire said...

This is seriously getting scary. I burned a driving CD for my car just yesterday that contains Glory Box, There is a Light That Never Goes Out (second-favorite song of all time), and I Will Follow You Into the Dark.

I need to go listen to the other songs on your list since I'm sure I'll adore those, too. Wish we would have had more time to talk today!