I've been tagged (twice), by both Sher and Amy. Thanks for the tag, ladies!
I have actually done this meme before, but it's been long enough that I feel I can do it again. That said, I'm supposed to post 7 random things about myself and link to 7 others, but I normally don't tag people, so feel free to tag yourself if you want to participate.
And now, for the wonderful random stuff...
1) I love my cats as if they were my children. I know that probably puts me into the "crazy cat woman" category, but honestly, I don't care. My kitties make me so incredibly happy. I can't imagine how much I will love my actual children!
2) My fingernail on my wedding ring finger is split down the middle and has been like that for as long as I can remember.
3) I could not swallow pills until I was in my early 20s. I attribute this to accidentally taking some off-limits medication when I was 3 years old. I distinctly remember both my mom and dad's hands in my mouth trying to get the chewed-up pills out. It sounds silly, but it was a little traumatic for me.
4) My biggest desire is to lead an authentic life, and often I feel like I am failing.
5) As much as I want to be done with school, I am scared of being intellectually atrophied without it. I know that I will miss it when I'm done.
6) I have a raging guilt complex, which is a subject for a whole other blog post.
7) I have always felt a little bit doomed. Perhaps it's my fear of abandonment or maybe it's my father issues, but I am always waiting for tragedy to strike. While this feeling of doom isn't usually debilitating, I can't deny that it's there. I tend to call it "realism," but actually, I think it's a deep-seated fear of losing myself and those I love to something horrible and tragic.
And to add in an extra fact, just because I feel like it:
8) Today my beloved Petunia Pickle Bottom bags came in! Recently, there was a big sale on PPB bags on Regent's Secret, and I managed to snag 2 bags for less than the retail price of 1! I know, I know, I don't have kids, but these bags are so awesome. I already have one and love it! For someone like me who loves big purses/bags, these are perfect. Anyway, here are the 2 that I got:
These actually weren't my first choices, but they look great in person. I'm a happy camper!