Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008: In Review, Part 1

Okay, so 2008 is over, but Kari tagged me for a couple of "year in review" memes that I'm going to attempt. I have nothing else to do right now, as this is my fifth freaking day of being sick and I don't appear to be getting better at all. Roy is sick, too, which makes for one miserable household. Let's hope we're feeling better soon.

1) Was 2008 a good year for you?
It was a mixed bag.

2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Finding out I was pregnant, seeing Bunlet's heartbeat for the first time, seeing Bunlet move (on the ultrasound screen), and all these special moments that Roy and I have had as a result.

3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Infertility testing. And saying goodbye to Sasha, my canine companion since I was 13 years old.

4) Where were you when 2008 began?
At Mandy and Paul's house.

5) Who were you with?
Roy, Mandy, Paul, and Cerby (cutest doggie ever).

6) Where will you be when 2008 ends?
Roy and I were in the computer room, counting down together.

7) Who will you be with?
Roy and the kitties (and Bunlet)

8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2008?
I don't think I made one.

9) Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2009?
I have three goals: to give birth to a healthy baby, to make some progress on my MA (which may or may not include graduating), and to take some steps to building a career for myself.

10) Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yep, I truly do tend to fall in love with Roy over and over again. And I guess in a way I'm in love with Bunlet, but it's not the same kind of love.

11) If so with who?
See above.

12) If yes, do they know?
Yeah, I'm good at telling people how I feel.

13) What was the stupidest thing you did this year?
I can't think of anything offhand that screams "stupid!" I tend to beat up on myself a little too much when bad/negative things happen, but I eventually get over it. Overall I'm proud of the way I conduct myself, even if it sometimes pisses people off. If I had to pick something, though, it would probably be not putting enough work into my thesis proposal right before it was due and/or getting involved in some really stupid drama on the knot.

14) What was your favorite month of 2008?
September.

15) How many concerts did you see in 2008?
Two.

16) Did you have a favorite concert in 2008?
I loved both of them - Roma di Luna and the Pierces.

17) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
Not really. I've never been a big drinker.

18) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
Does caffeine count? Then yes, but I did cut back quite a bit.

19) How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
One (duh).

20) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
I have no idea. I'm sure people lied to me this year, but nothing is really coming to mind.

21) Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
Not intentionally. I tend to go overboard with being opinionated. It's not always warmly received.

22) Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
Yep. My place of employment comes to mind.

23) How much money did you spend in 2008?
I don't even want to think about it.

24) What was your proudest moment of 2008?
It sounds silly, but my proudest moments have nothing to do with me and everything to do with Bunlet. I was also really proud of Roy for getting a new job and graduating. And I am proud of making progress in my photographic efforts and for continuing to write on a regular basis.

25) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something what?
I would change my attitude to TTC. I put too much stress on the situation.

26) What are your plans for 2009?
I just want to give birth to Bunlet, continue to nurture my marriage, and work towards living a more authentic life.

No comments: