Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Nest

This is inspired by some emails that have passed between me and the lovely Kim.

So, those of us who plan our weddings with the help of the Knot are supposed to move over to the Nest once we're married. We all need to learn how to become good little obedient wives, apparently. I have done my fair share of poking around the Nest, and it all seems like way too much of a cliche at times. There's a cooking board, a baby board, a money board, and so on and so forth. While these things have their place in our lives, why are we all reduced to being Suzie Homemakers? I don't get it. I don't like to cook. I don't want to have babies right now. (Even when we do decide to have kids, I don't want to discuss my cervical mucus with anyone. Although I'm telling you right now, it's blue. ;) I certainly don't need ideas for entertaining, as our living space isn't really big enough for dinner parties. Anyway, why would I throw a dinner party? It sounds like a lot of work.

Personally, I think the Nest should create a board called "How to Vacuum in Heels." Now that is useful information for those of us who strive to be great wives.

7 comments:

weezermonkey said...

You will like these:
http://tinyurl.com/28tfx8
and
http://tinyurl.com/224yvm

kim said...

Amen, sister.

Brandy said...

that's hot.

Brenda said...

Dude. Seriously. No suzie homemaker here--frozen pizza anyone? :D

Angie Eats Peace said...

Holla!

Anonymous said...

Word.
~Little Homie

Yahpee said...

Just ran into your blog for the first time I think...

Vacuuming in heels. LOL.

I hang on the OC Nest boards.. but I still think you're totally funny.. and right on sadly. lol.